Hillsborough County Nursing Home is one of just a couple available facilities in Goffstown, New Hampshire. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. This is just about as good of a place as you'll find. As you can see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Hillsborough County Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
400 Mast Road,
Goffstown NH 03045
76.53% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Goffstown, New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Goffstown, New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf profile, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A in the category. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Hillsborough County Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, we gave this facility a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a dominant rating. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.145294 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing score. This completed a very strong profile. Our nursing score includes many factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hillsborough County Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 5.77% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 95.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 12.13 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hillsborough County Nursing Home, 78.43% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 13.02 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Manchester Kidney Center3.28 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Manchester Dialysis3.85 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita3.86 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.56 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.56 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)13.55 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center13.69 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.15.68 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547