Highbridge Woodycrest Center is in the large metropolitan area of Bronx, New York which has a total of 1,382,480 people. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive ratings. Even in a city offering 45 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Highbridge Woodycrest Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall score, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection rating. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received a top-shelf score of A- in our long-term care area. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Highbridge Woodycrest Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In the last category we rated, this facility was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this score, the facility finished off a very strong profile. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Highbridge Woodycrest Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 13.2% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 91.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Highbridge Woodycrest Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 44 other nursing homes
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- New York - Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia0.92 miles away622 West 168th Street Dialysis - Ph 4 Center, 430 New York New York 10032Dialysis Stations: 10 (212) 305-3394
- Newtown Dialysis Center, Inc.0.92 miles away1160 Teller Avenue Bronx New York 10456Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 215-4355
- Lincoln Hospital0.97 miles away234 East 149th Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10451Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 579-5548
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.1.02 miles away1490 Macombs Road Bronx New York 10452Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 588-2347
- New York Renal Associates1.1 miles away3468 Park Avenue Bronx New York 10456CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (718) 401-2836
- Davita Haven Dialysis1.13 miles away60 Haven Avenue Suites b3 & b4 New York New York 10032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (212) 928-9071
- Knickerbocker Dialysis1.28 miles away459 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10455Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 585-4951
- Harlem Hospital1.29 miles away506 Lenox Avenue - Room 18-107 Dialysis Unit New York New York 10037Dialysis Stations: 11 (212) 939-4848