Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center is located in Miami, Florida. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has 1,723,766 people. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. You really can't do much better than this place. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing rating considers a number of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility was awarded a high-end short-term care score. We gave it an A in that category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is more often than not a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 95.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hialeah Shores Nursing and Rehab Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 8.27 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Flamingo Park Kidney Center Inc2.3 miles away901 E 10th Ave Bay 17 Hialeah Florida 33010Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 884-5677
- Center for Kidney Disease3.12 miles away1190 Nw 95th St Ste 208 Miami Florida 33150CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 691-2144
- Fmc-Miami Shores, LLC3.69 miles away9999 Ne 2nd Ave Suite 119 Miami Florida 33138CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (786) 621-4888
- Martin Luther King Renal Institute, LLC4.05 miles away6112 Nw 7th Ave Miami Florida 33127Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 758-9621
- Palisades Dialysis, LLC4.13 miles away5200 Ne 2nd Ave Miami Florida 33137Dialysis Stations: 12 (305) 751-8699
- Golden Glades Dialysis4.64 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328
- Miami Lakes Artificial Kidney Ctr4.68 miles away14600 Nw 60th Ave Hialeah Florida 33014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (786) 639-0496
- Jackson Memorial Hosp Dialysis Pediatric4.74 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Dialysis Stations: 8 (305) 585-5372