Hermann Hospital is a very-small hospital-based facility located in Houston, Texas. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is clearly an elite facility. We were not surprised to discover that this turned out to be substantially better than most of the nursing homes in the city. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Hermann Hospital has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility also received an A+ inspection score, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Hermann Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our final category, this facility also performed admirably in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area. This finalized a straight A profile. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we look at the amount of time nurses spend with residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hermann Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hermann Hospital, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 0.41 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.83 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 1.5 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Children's Memorial Hermann Dialysis Center0.08 miles away6411 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 7 (713) 704-0093
- Texas Childrens Hospital Dialysis Unit0.64 miles away6621 Fannin Ste Wt 8-100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 14 (832) 826-0850
- Medical Center Kidney Clinic0.77 miles away2254 Holcombe Blvd Houston Texas 77030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 797-9909
- Davita-Binz Home Training0.85 miles away1213 Herman Drive, Suite 180 Houston Texas 77004Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 529-5155
- Med Center Dialysis1.09 miles away5610 Almeda Road Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 72 (713) 520-6878
- Marsher Dialysis LLC1.24 miles away7505 S Main Suite 120 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 799-9344
- Fresenius Medical Care Museum District1.39 miles away4407 Yoakum Blvd Houston Texas 77006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 527-8436
- Med Center at Home1.44 miles away7580 Fannin Street, Suite 230 Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 790-0150