Hemet Valley Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Hemet, California. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. In fact, we found this nursing home to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Hemet, which has a city grade of B. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hemet senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are commonly used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Nursing scores are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hemet Valley Healthcare Center?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a solid score in that category, with a grade of C. While this isn't as dominant as several of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. With our long-term care score, we focus on the quantity of care offered by a facility, as well as a handful of qualitative statistics. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 9.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 4.41% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 18.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 46.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 6.67% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 97.56% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 18.67% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 76.9% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.57 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Hemet2.55 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center3.56 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Banning Dialysis12.27 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont12.28 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis13.05 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis13.09 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Murrieta16.21 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.34 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196