Hemet Valley Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Hemet, California. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a respectable score. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
371 North Weston Pl,
Hemet CA 92543
17.07% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in this area with an A-. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. We assessed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Hemet Valley Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home received a B- in this area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is certainly a major disappointment. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.57 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Hemet2.55 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center3.56 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Banning Dialysis12.27 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont12.28 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis13.05 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis13.09 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Murrieta16.21 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.34 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196