Hemet Valley Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Hemet, California. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable score. The nursing homes in Hemet received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's nursing score outpaced its overall rating. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for its nursing score. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Hemet Valley Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is more often than not a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a D for our long-term care category, making this the facility's least impressive category grade. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hemet Valley Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hemet Valley Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.57 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Hemet2.55 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center3.56 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Banning Dialysis12.27 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont12.28 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis13.05 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis13.09 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Murrieta16.21 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.34 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196