With an address in Smithfield, Rhode Island, Hebert Nursing Home is one of only two facilities in this area. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. This wasn't the worse nursing home we looked at, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. The best thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Hebert Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Hebert Nursing Home has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its decent grade of B- in nursing. The nursing score weighs a handful of components, but the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The second best area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hebert Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In the category of long-term care, we focus on the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we looked at is inspections. Inspection ratings are based on a nursing home's recent government inspection reports. This nursing home received a grade of C in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hebert Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hebert Nursing Home, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hebert Nursing Home, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.58% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hebert Nursing Home, 94.38% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hebert Nursing Home, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hebert Nursing Home, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Hebert Nursing Home, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hebert Nursing Home, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hebert Nursing Home, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hebert Nursing Home, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.4 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island4.3 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Davita North Providence Renal Center5.96 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Dialysis Center of Johnston6.23 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Nna of Providence8.41 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket8.55 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Nna - Pawtucket8.98 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket9.49 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898