With an address in Smithfield, Rhode Island, Hebert Nursing Home is one of only two facilities in this area. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. This wasn't the worse nursing home we looked at, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. The best thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Hebert Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
While we didn't give this facility a good overall grade, we awarded it a fairly strong score in the area of long-term care, where it earned a B. This is better than many facilities in this category. This propped up an otherwise poor profile. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.70846 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B-. The nursing grade features several subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared with most other nursing homes. Lastly, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Hebert Nursing Home?
This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it only received a grade of D for its inspection grade. Inspection grades factor in many items found on the nursing home's inspection reports. If you see severe deficiencies on the inspection reports, this is generally the worst sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This facility was assessed one deficiency by CMS. Fortunately, it wasn't in one of the categories that suggest that it created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a facility's bad track record spanned more than one year.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care, proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We gave this facility a D in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This area is considered to be a useful assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hebert Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hebert Nursing Home, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hebert Nursing Home, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.96% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hebert Nursing Home, 94.59% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hebert Nursing Home, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hebert Nursing Home, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Hebert Nursing Home, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hebert Nursing Home, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hebert Nursing Home, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hebert Nursing Home, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.4 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island4.3 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Davita North Providence Renal Center5.96 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Dialysis Center of Johnston6.23 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Nna of Providence8.41 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket8.55 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Nna - Pawtucket8.98 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket9.49 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898