With an address in Smithfield, Rhode Island, Hebert Nursing Home is the only option we identified in the area. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. We were also pleased to discover that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hebert Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Smithfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's best category grade came in short-term care. In that category, we awarded this place a B. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is considered to be a solid assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home's second best category is inspections. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Hebert Nursing Home?
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility received a respectable long-term care grade of B-. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hebert Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hebert Nursing Home, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hebert Nursing Home, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hebert Nursing Home, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hebert Nursing Home, 2.02% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hebert Nursing Home, 93.99% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hebert Nursing Home, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hebert Nursing Home, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hebert Nursing Home, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hebert Nursing Home, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.4 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island4.3 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Davita North Providence Renal Center5.96 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Dialysis Center of Johnston6.23 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Nna of Providence8.41 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket8.55 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Nna - Pawtucket8.98 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket9.49 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898