Ayden Healthcare Waterville is in Waterville, Ohio. The city has 7,613 people. This nursing home was given an extremely poor overall score based on the data we assessed. At the end of the day, you'd be better off to avoid of this nursing home. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in our review of this nursing home. We provide additional information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ayden Healthcare Waterville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Waterville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a poor overall score, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This is due to the facility receiving a decent inspection report this year. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an D. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we assess the number of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This particular place offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Ayden Healthcare Waterville?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse category is short-term care, where it received just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more meaningful for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. With its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. This facility was given a poor grade of F in this area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.43379 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ayden Healthcare Waterville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have sustained falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ayden Healthcare Waterville, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 12.89 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 15.74 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis7.51 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.89 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC7.89 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Usrc Maumee, LLC8.17 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Us Renal Care of Bowling Green8.28 miles away1037 Conneaut Street, Suite 101 Bowling Green Ohio 43402Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 353-1080
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center8.49 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis10.68 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis11.52 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681