Allen View Healthcare Center is located in Springfield, Ohio. This city has 101,826 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we looked at. This place is really as bad as it gets. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in this nursing home's profile. You can find more information on this category below.
Allen View Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was terrible, it performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this was still a relatively positive report.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Nursing grades are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Allen View Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. This facility was given a poor grade of F in that category. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 62.76923 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is quite a bit less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allen View Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Springfield, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springfield, Ohio has 10 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Mercy Health - Urbana HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.76 miles away904 Scioto Street Urbana Ohio 43078Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 653-5231
- Madison HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away210 North Main Street London Ohio 43140Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 845-7000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.6 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Davita - Midwest Springfield Dialysis1.04 miles away2200 N Limestone Street Suite 104 Springfield Ohio 45503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 390-3125
- Davita - National Trail Dialysis3.14 miles away171 S Tuttle Road Springfield Ohio 45505Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 328-7399
- Davita - Midwest Urbana Dialysis10.82 miles away1430 u.s.hwy 36 E., Suite A Urbana Ohio 43078Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 484-4600
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis14.79 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North17.78 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of London18.68 miles away306 Lafayette St. Suite J London Ohio 43140Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 845-1594
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis19.1 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis19.84 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769