Allen View Healthcare Center is located in Springfield, Ohio. This city has 101,826 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we looked at. This place is really as bad as it gets. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home received a decent score in the area of long-term care. You can find more information about this category below.
Allen View Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even with this deficiency, this was still a relatively favorable inspection report.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this area. This particular facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Allen View Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's third best category is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still fared somewhat badly. In forming these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. This facility received a very poor grade of F in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 55.974842 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allen View Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allen View Healthcare Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Springfield, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springfield, Ohio has 10 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Mercy Health - Urbana HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.76 miles away904 Scioto Street Urbana Ohio 43078Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 653-5231
- Madison HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away210 North Main Street London Ohio 43140Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 845-7000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.6 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Davita - Midwest Springfield Dialysis1.04 miles away2200 N Limestone Street Suite 104 Springfield Ohio 45503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 390-3125
- Davita - National Trail Dialysis3.14 miles away171 S Tuttle Road Springfield Ohio 45505Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 328-7399
- Davita - Midwest Urbana Dialysis10.82 miles away1430 u.s.hwy 36 E., Suite A Urbana Ohio 43078Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 484-4600
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis14.79 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North17.78 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of London18.68 miles away306 Lafayette St. Suite J London Ohio 43140Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 845-1594
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis19.1 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis19.84 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769