ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin) is a nursing home in Dublin, Ohio. The city has a total of 68,932 people. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. This facility proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which boasts a decent selection of facilities. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin)
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Dublin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A-. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility received top notch health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin)?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, we awarded this facility a B+ for its long-term care rating. This topped off an elite report card. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 3.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 3.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that have experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 0.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 17.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 16.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 0.78% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 98.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 14.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 18.63% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 18.63% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 7.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dublin), 59.56% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Dublin, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Dublin, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 10.16 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC0.76 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester1.88 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest3.06 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.17 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Dublin4.49 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.25 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Kidney Center of Columbus North6.7 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Fmc - Central Ohio6.84 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012