Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing is one of seven facilities in Orange Park, Florida. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. The facilities in Orange Park received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Florida to find a nursing home. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A-. In forming our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Turning to another one of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections proved to be one of its best categories. In that area, we gave this facility an B+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care score of B-. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated only 85.59671 percent of its residents. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 2.11 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North1.4 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center1.4 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.49 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Orange Park Kidney Center2.56 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis4.85 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Fleming Island Dialysis6.64 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County6.86 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville7 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322