Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing is one of seven facilities in Orange Park, Florida. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. The facilities in Orange Park received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Florida to find a nursing home. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
570 Wells Rd,
Orange Park FL 32073
69.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in this category, with a grade of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's above average category scores came in the area of short-term care. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In forming these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing category weighs quite a few factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this facility received a grade of B- for long-term care, which we consider to be an acceptable grade. In determining our long-term care scores, we quantify the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 85.65574 percent of its residents, which is several points lower than we expected. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Orange Park Center for Nursing and Healing, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 2.11 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North1.4 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center1.4 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.49 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Orange Park Kidney Center2.56 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis4.85 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Fleming Island Dialysis6.64 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County6.86 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville7 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322