Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which is among the largest cities in the nation. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fort Lauderdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection rating exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a grade of B in this area, which is a quality score. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility an impressive score in short-term care. This facility earned a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our higher grades. In crafting our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Nursing scores are mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Finally, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care, which was this facility's worst area. We gave it an F in this category, which is clearly concerning. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have suffered falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Florida Kidney Center0.37 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Lauderhill Dialysis1.32 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis2.36 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC2.49 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis2.6 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Plantation Home Training2.66 miles away8144 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 473-9138
- Plantation Dialysis - Plantation2.8 miles away7061 Cypress Rd Ste 103 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (954) 583-2100
- Pine Island Kidney Center2.95 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958