ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights) is one of only two available nursing homes located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable grade. In our view, this facility is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. There are many subcategories within this area. Many of these subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights)?
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a decent score in this category, with a grade of C. Although this was not on par with many of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not a terrible score. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the data points we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 87.7193 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents which have experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 3.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc - Garden City1.25 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Davita - Dearborn at Home3 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn3.02 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Greenfield Hs - Dearborn3.58 miles away19001 Hubbard Dr Dearborn Michigan 48126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (313) 441-1160
- Davita - Garden West3.63 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Dearborn Kidney Center, LLC3.72 miles away5111 Auto Club Dr Bldg B, Ste 120 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 982-9788
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc4.43 miles away5250 Auto Club Dr Ste 100 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 13 (313) 982-9820
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services4.83 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959