ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights) is one of only two available nursing homes located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable grade. In our view, this facility is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall score, this nursing home received even higher marks in nursing. In fact, it received one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A-. When determining a facility's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are caring for patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of achievements, it also was awarded a very favorable short-term care score. We awarded them a dominant grade of A- in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights)?
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this facility a D in this area. Naturally, this score pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 90.56603 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 3.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Dearborn Heights), 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc - Garden City1.25 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Davita - Dearborn at Home3 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn3.02 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Greenfield Hs - Dearborn3.58 miles away19001 Hubbard Dr Dearborn Michigan 48126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (313) 441-1160
- Davita - Garden West3.63 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Dearborn Kidney Center, LLC3.72 miles away5111 Auto Club Dr Bldg B, Ste 120 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 982-9788
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc4.43 miles away5250 Auto Club Dr Ste 100 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 13 (313) 982-9820
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services4.83 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959