ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South is a senior living facility located in Boca Raton, Florida, a city with a population of 210,202 people. We have a high opinion of this facility, which we awarded a B+ overall. We were also impressed with the city grade of facilities in Boca Raton, making this a great place to find a nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this facility. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to another one of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. Inspections proved to be one of its best categories. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It outpaced most nursing homes in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The next category we graded was nursing. This facility was given a better than average nursing rating in our assessment, with a grade of B-. While this is not nearly as impressive as some of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable rating for this category. There are many criteria within this area. Most of the data points reflect nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis2.58 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- West Boca Dialysis Center3.28 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.3 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.56 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center3.81 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.33 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.37 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.37 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100