ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South is a senior living facility located in Boca Raton, Florida, a city with a population of 210,202 people. We have a high opinion of this facility, which we awarded a B+ overall. We were also impressed with the city grade of facilities in Boca Raton, making this a great place to find a nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this facility. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
7225 Boca Del Mar Drive,
Boca Raton FL 33433
83.83% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent short-term care grade. We gave them an A in this area. In our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this nursing home earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with an A-. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home received an impressive long-term care grade, with a B in this area. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.583336 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The next area we scored was nursing. This facility was awarded a better than average nursing rating this year, with a B. This facility truly doesn't have any weak areas. The nursing rating includes a variety of subcategories. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who had a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 2.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 95.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Boca Raton South, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis2.58 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- West Boca Dialysis Center3.28 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.3 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.56 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center3.81 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.33 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.37 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.37 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100