The Forum at Knightsbridge is a small facility located in Columbus, Ohio. This facility is among the most elite nursing homes we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires top-notch performance across the board. Indeed, we ranked this facility as the best facility in Columbus. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Forum at Knightsbridge
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Forum at Knightsbridge has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Columbus senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Columbus, Ohio Awards 2021
In addition to faring well overall, this facility received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best scores in that area with an A+. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate facility also performed well in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Forum at Knightsbridge?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this category. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care, where this facility received an A. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Forum at Knightsbridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 88.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Forum at Knightsbridge, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 6.87 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 7.74 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.0.4 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis0.95 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Fmc - Central Ohio3.35 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center4.03 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750
- Kidney Center of Columbus North4.11 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis4.67 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC4.91 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester5.64 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564