The Renaissance Retirement Campus is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Olmsted Falls, Ohio. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a truly elite grade. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as the best facility in Olmsted Falls. This facility also received phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Renaissance Retirement Campus
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
26376 John Rd,
Olmsted Falls OH 44138
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end scores, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A- in that area. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.68355 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Renaissance Retirement Campus?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for this area. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is considered to be a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Renaissance Retirement Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 20% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Renaissance Retirement Campus, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.79 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern2.9 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights3.74 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC4.5 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis4.95 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center5.35 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West6.07 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis6.82 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis7.25 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070