Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Petersburg, Florida. This is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. In spite of Saint Petersburg offering 16 nursing homes available, this facility managed to stand out as a first-rate selection. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care grade. In our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility earned top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A-. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View?
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. The nursing rating features a host of factors. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded ended up being this facility's poorest category. However, even in its weakest link we still gave it a decent grade of C for long-term care. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.354836 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 10.34% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 44.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 0.75% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 97.68% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 17.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 13.76% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 13.76% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 11.25% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 60.72% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.06 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis2.77 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.75 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.82 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.83 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- St Petersburg Dialysis5.62 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care5.89 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis5.98 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Seminole Dialysis Center6.17 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551