Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Petersburg, Florida. This is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. In spite of Saint Petersburg offering 27 nursing homes available, this facility managed to stand out as a first-rate selection. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded high marks in the category of short-term care as well. As a result, we awarded it one of our strongest scores in that category with a area of A-. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View?
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this facility received a respectable long-term care grade. While this wasn't quite as dominant as many of its other scores, this is truly not a major area of concern. In calculating our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health and Rehabilitation Centre at Dolphins View, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.06 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis2.77 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.75 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.82 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.83 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- St Petersburg Dialysis5.62 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care5.89 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis5.98 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Seminole Dialysis Center6.17 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551