Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf is a senior living facility in Healdsburg, California, a city with a total of 16,852 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this is a very respectable option. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Healdsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 1.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for our long-term care grade. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.72131 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a meaningful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to the last category of inspections, this was not one of this nursing home's better grades. Inspection grades are based on a nursing home's recent government inspection reports. We awarded this facility a score of C in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Healdsburg District Hospital Dp/Snf, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 0 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 13.35 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.18 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor6.22 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.68 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis11.11 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa15.53 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Bma Santa Rosa15.54 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350