Hayes Residence is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 753,116 people. This is a quality nursing home with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other facilities in Saint Paul received similar scores. Even in a city of 31 nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a great option. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given an impressive long-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that area with a grade of B+. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 96.92308 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hayes Residence?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored turned out to be this facility's poorest category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hayes Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hayes Residence, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hayes Residence, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hayes Residence, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hayes Residence, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hayes Residence, 4.58% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hayes Residence, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hayes Residence, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hayes Residence, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hayes Residence, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita1.46 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul1.96 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.61 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita3.82 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit3.82 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita3.82 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.27 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita4.61 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995