Hayes Residence is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 753,116 people. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. Even in a city of 14 nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a great option. As you will see below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1620 Randolph Avenue,
Saint Paul MN 55105
82.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hayes Residence?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this category. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 93.283585 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care, where this nursing home received a B. This actually turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. A nursing home is doing something right when their weakest score still beats out most other nursing homes. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hayes Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hayes Residence, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hayes Residence, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hayes Residence, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hayes Residence, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hayes Residence, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hayes Residence, 94.15% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hayes Residence, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hayes Residence, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hayes Residence, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 13 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita1.46 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul1.96 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.61 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita3.82 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit3.82 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita3.82 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.27 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita4.61 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995