Haven of Saguaro Valley is an average-sized nursing home located in Tucson, Arizona. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some respectable scores. Tucson received a city grade of B+, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Haven of Saguaro Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Haven of Saguaro Valley has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's best category grade came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This nursing home also excelled in our nursing category, where it earned an B. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade includes several subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Haven of Saguaro Valley?
This nursing home's third best category grade came in the area of inspections. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Inspection scores are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had a generally favorable view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a D in that category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 21 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 2.42 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 11.12 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)0.63 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- East Tucson (Fmc)1.35 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Swan Dialysis2.72 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)4.84 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.61 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)6.11 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson South Central Dialysis (Dva)6.84 miles away2024 E Irvington Rd Tucson Arizona 85714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (520) 573-0200
- Desert Dialysis Center South Tucson (Dci)7.17 miles away1011 E Pennsylvania St Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 806-0007