Haven of Phoenix is a facility located in Phoenix, Arizona which has 1,312,922 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Even in a city with 11 other nursing homes, this facility should be a perfectly acceptable choice. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Haven of Phoenix
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4202 North 20th Avenue,
Phoenix AZ 85015
96.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It does not appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We wish we had more information about this facility. Without having access to the deficiency related data, it is difficult to grade this nursing home in terms of this category.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a respectable score in the area of short-term care, with a B-. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Haven of Phoenix?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent score in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a C. Our long-term care ratings are pivotal for people in need of personal care. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.63033 percent of its patients. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we looked at is nursing, proved to be this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. This was one of the couple of dings of an otherwise impressive profile. There are numerous subcategories included in this area. Many of the data points relate to staffing levels. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Haven of Phoenix Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Haven of Phoenix, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Haven of Phoenix, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Haven of Phoenix, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Haven of Phoenix, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Haven of Phoenix, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Haven of Phoenix, 3.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Haven of Phoenix, 74.57% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Haven of Phoenix, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Haven of Phoenix, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Haven of Phoenix, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Haven of Phoenix, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Haven of Phoenix, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 5.72 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)1.28 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Maryvale Dialysis (Fmc)3.13 miles away4502 W Indian School Rd Ste a4-11 Phoenix Arizona 85031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (623) 247-0695
- Evergreen Park Dialysis3.21 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center3.85 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Estrella Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.95 miles away5546 W Roosevelt St Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85043CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (602) 352-0724
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Phoenix (Dva)4.11 miles away337 E Coronado Rd Ste 101 Phoenix Arizona 85004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 253-9006
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Maryvale (Dva)4.11 miles away4845 W Mcdowell Rd Ste 10a Phoenix Arizona 85035CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 278-8349
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.3 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954