Harts Harbor Health Care Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Jacksonville, Florida which has a total of 810,498 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent marks. The facilities in Jacksonville received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Harts Harbor Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also want to point out that this place earned favorable inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to point out that this facility received strong long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with a B+. This turned out to be the facility's second best grade. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.21722 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to minimize negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Harts Harbor Health Care Center?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harts Harbor Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harts Harbor Health Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 16.36 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 17.84 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Dunn Avenue Dialysis1.08 miles away1215 Dunn Ave #8 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 757-3540
- Fmc - Oceanway2.51 miles away12961 North Main St Suite 305 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 757-7425
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Jacksonville2.55 miles away10614 Lem Turner Rd Jacksonville Florida 32218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (904) 768-8576
- Ara North Jacksonville4.43 miles away1725 Oakhurst Avenue Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 766-2279
- Gateway Dialysis Center5.05 miles away5258-10 Norwood Avenue Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 764-6381
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis6.16 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Jacksonville Arlington Dialysis6.57 miles away929 University Blvd N Jacksonville Florida 32211Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 743-1689
- Dci Jacksonville Mid-Town6.68 miles away655 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 40 (904) 244-6690