Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center is in Kaneohe, Hawaii. The city has a population of 54,247 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive facilities we found. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the country. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
45-090 Namoku St,
Kaneohe HI 96744
83.63% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of A-. This topped off a very impressive report card. Very few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 5.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 2.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 9.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 1.5% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 97.18% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 11.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 19.95% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 0.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 19.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 6.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 78.07% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.73 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 7.2 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center0.81 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Kailua Dialysis Facility2.46 miles away25 Kaneohe Bay Drive Kailua Hawaii 96734CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (808) 254-1030
- Dsi Koolau Dialysis Center4.16 miles away47-388 Hui Iwa Street Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 239-3400
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility5.99 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center6.44 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center6.67 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis7.36 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana7.76 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388