Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center is in Kaneohe, Hawaii. The city has a population of 54,247 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive facilities we found. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the three best facilities in Hawaii. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Kaneohe senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are critical for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. This facility performed remarkably in our long-term care category also. We gave them a dominant score of A+ in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.11504 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we gave this facility a score of A for our inspections rating. With this score, the facility completes its straight A report card. Inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 1% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 2.94% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who had UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 5.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 4.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 99.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 13.89% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 10.04% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 10.04% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 3.51% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Care Center, 81.36% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.73 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 7.2 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center0.81 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Kailua Dialysis Facility2.46 miles away25 Kaneohe Bay Drive Kailua Hawaii 96734CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (808) 254-1030
- Dsi Koolau Dialysis Center4.16 miles away47-388 Hui Iwa Street Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 239-3400
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility5.99 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center6.44 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center6.67 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis7.36 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana7.76 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388