Harrah Nursing Center is a nursing home located in Harrah, Oklahoma. This city has a total of 10,378 people. This facility is one of the most impressive nursing homes we found. This nursing home received one of the most impressive ratings we offer. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its long-term care rating. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Harrah Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in long-term care. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Harrah Nursing Center?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection rating. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A-. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care score, with a B+. This finished off an elite profile. In crafting these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harrah Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harrah Nursing Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harrah Nursing Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harrah Nursing Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harrah Nursing Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harrah Nursing Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harrah Nursing Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harrah Nursing Center, 92.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harrah Nursing Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harrah Nursing Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Harrah Nursing Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harrah Nursing Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harrah Nursing Center, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - ShawneeAcute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away1102 W Macarthur Shawnee Oklahoma 74804Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 878-8110
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 18.08 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 19.54 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis10.02 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Fmcna - Heritage Park12.58 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Midwest City12.64 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Davita - Shawnee16.46 miles away4409 N Kickapoo Suite 113 Shawnee Oklahoma 74804Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 878-6762
- Fmcna - Shawnee17.57 miles away3807 N Harrison Shawnee Oklahoma 74804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 878-9300
- Fmcna - Edmond East17.73 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis17.79 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City18.5 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025