Harrah Nursing Center is a nursing home located in Harrah, Oklahoma. This city has a total of 10,378 people. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Based on our ratings, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harrah Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Harrah senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.590164 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspections. We awarded it an A for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Harrah Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of C. This was this facility's weakest category. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harrah Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harrah Nursing Center, 5.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harrah Nursing Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harrah Nursing Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harrah Nursing Center, 11.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harrah Nursing Center, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harrah Nursing Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harrah Nursing Center, 99.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harrah Nursing Center, 13.78% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harrah Nursing Center, 10.4% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Harrah Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harrah Nursing Center, 10.4% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harrah Nursing Center, 16.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - ShawneeAcute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away1102 W Macarthur Shawnee Oklahoma 74804Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 878-8110
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 18.08 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 19.54 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis10.02 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Fmcna - Heritage Park12.58 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Midwest City12.64 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Davita - Shawnee16.46 miles away4409 N Kickapoo Suite 113 Shawnee Oklahoma 74804Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 878-6762
- Fmcna - Shawnee17.57 miles away3807 N Harrison Shawnee Oklahoma 74804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 878-9300
- Fmcna - Edmond East17.73 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis17.79 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City18.5 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025