Harmony Health Center is a facility in Miami, Florida which has a population of 1,723,766 people. This nursing home excelled in our ratings with a grade of A overall. Remarkably, this is higher than the city grade of A- in Miami, which is one of the higher rated cities in Florida. Even in a city offering 35 nursing homes, this facility stands out as a great selection. As you will find below, this facility also performed well in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harmony Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Harmony Health Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our best scores in that area with a grade of A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive assessments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care score. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. This nursing home performed well enough in these measures to earn an encouraging score in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmony Health Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing scores are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care, where this nursing home received a B+. This wrapped up an elite report card. Not many nursing homes received a B+ or higher in every single category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 5.44 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Dadeland Dialysis1.21 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Bma - Kendall1.33 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010
- Kendall Kidney Center3.21 miles away8364 Mills Drive #1740 Miami Florida 33183Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 273-3783
- Fmc - South Miami3.64 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100
- Kidney Treatment Center of South Florida3.71 miles away13500 N Kendall Dr #131 Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 388-5222
- Ultimate Care Dialysis Center3.98 miles away2720 Sw 97th #201 Miami Florida 33165Dialysis Stations: 9 (305) 226-2699
- West Kendall Dialysis Center4.02 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Interamerican Dialysis Center5.13 miles away7815 Coral Way Ste 115 Miami Florida 33155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 261-4823