Harmony Health Center is a facility in Miami, Florida which has a population of 1,723,766 people. This nursing home received an excellent grade of A- overall. This is better than the city grade of A- in Miami, which is also well above average. Even in a city of 35 other nursing homes, this facility caught our attention as a first-rate choice. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Harmony Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Harmony Health Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its strong achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. It goes without saying that we were satisfied with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmony Health Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade weighs a number of subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. This rounded out an elite report card. In computing these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 5.44 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Dadeland Dialysis1.21 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Bma - Kendall1.33 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010
- Kendall Kidney Center3.21 miles away8364 Mills Drive #1740 Miami Florida 33183Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 273-3783
- Fmc - South Miami3.64 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100
- Kidney Treatment Center of South Florida3.71 miles away13500 N Kendall Dr #131 Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 388-5222
- Ultimate Care Dialysis Center3.98 miles away2720 Sw 97th #201 Miami Florida 33165Dialysis Stations: 9 (305) 226-2699
- West Kendall Dialysis Center4.02 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Interamerican Dialysis Center5.13 miles away7815 Coral Way Ste 115 Miami Florida 33155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 261-4823