Harmon House Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Harmon House Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A- in the short-term care category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an B+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 11 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmon House Care Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is a poor score. This is clearly a significant disappointment. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 98.4127 percent of its residents, which is an above average datapoint. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harmon House Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harmon House Care Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harmon House Care Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harmon House Care Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harmon House Care Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harmon House Care Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harmon House Care Center, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harmon House Care Center, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harmon House Care Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harmon House Care Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harmon House Care Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harmon House Care Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harmon House Care Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.48 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Uniontown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away500 West Berkeley Street Uniontown Pennsylvania 15401Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 430-5000
- Dci of Mount Pleasant0.74 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant1.6 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg11.57 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe12.63 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield13.19 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Donora16.21 miles away470 Galiffa Drive Donora Pennsylvania 15033Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 379-7650
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis17.15 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.17.33 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713