Harmon Hospital - Snf is a very-small facility located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable grade. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. As you will see below, this place also performed well in our category ratings. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Harmon Hospital - Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Long-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong nursing home is that it received a very impressive long-term care rating. In fact, this ended up being its best grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A-. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections. We awarded it an A- for that category. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmon Hospital - Snf?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing rating consists of several subcategories, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. In this area, we gave this facility a strong grade of B. In determining our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.88 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 6.87 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)0.33 miles away2333 Renaissance Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 740-8580
- Desert Springs Dialysis Center (Dva)0.58 miles away2110 E Flamingo Rd Ste 108 Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 696-9768
- Davita East Sunrise Dialysis1.61 miles away1750 E Desert Inn Road Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 474-7052
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)2.5 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- South Pecos (Fmc)2.66 miles away6330 S Pecos Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (702) 433-3079
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)3.9 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771
- Red Moon Dialysis4.18 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)5.26 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558