Harbours Edge is in Delray Beach, Florida, a city with a population of 107,599 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the higher-rated facilities we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. This grade is higher than the city grade of A- in Delray Beach, which is also an impressive grade. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Delray Beach, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Delray Beach, Florida Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home received an excellent short-term care score. We gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Harbours Edge?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care rating. This is a very impressive rating. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last area we analyzed was nursing, where this facility was given a grade of B. Believe it or not, this was this nursing home's worst category. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when it's worst score still outperforms most nursing homes. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harbours Edge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harbours Edge, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harbours Edge, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harbours Edge, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harbours Edge, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harbours Edge, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harbours Edge, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harbours Edge, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harbours Edge, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harbours Edge, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Harbours Edge, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harbours Edge, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harbours Edge, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harbours Edge, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Delray Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Delray Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC3.38 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC3.5 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Sands Dialysis LLC3.5 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC4.09 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Bma - Boynton Beach5.09 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC5.18 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878