Harbours Edge is in Delray Beach, Florida, a city with a population of 107,599 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. This turned out to be one of the top three nursing homes in Delray Beach. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Harbours Edge?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care rating. This is a dominant rating. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category we scored, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home completed a straight A profile. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harbours Edge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harbours Edge, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harbours Edge, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents that have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harbours Edge, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients which had urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harbours Edge, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harbours Edge, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harbours Edge, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harbours Edge, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harbours Edge, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harbours Edge, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Harbours Edge, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harbours Edge, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harbours Edge, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harbours Edge, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Delray Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Delray Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC3.38 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC3.5 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Sands Dialysis LLC3.5 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC4.09 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Bma - Boynton Beach5.09 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC5.18 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878