Harbours Edge is in Delray Beach, Florida, a city with a population of 107,599 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as the top nursing home in Delray Beach. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its long-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Delray Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Delray Beach, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Delray Beach, Florida Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In crafting our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Harbours Edge?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The final area we rated is nursing, where this facility was given an A-. This finished off a first-rate report card. Not many facilities received an A- or higher in all four categories. Our nursing score weighs several data points. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harbours Edge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harbours Edge, 6.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harbours Edge, 8.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harbours Edge, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harbours Edge, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harbours Edge, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harbours Edge, 4.17% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harbours Edge, 96.88% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harbours Edge, 6.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harbours Edge, 3.36% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Harbours Edge, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harbours Edge, 3.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harbours Edge, 8.04% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harbours Edge, 84.29% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC3.38 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC3.5 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Sands Dialysis LLC3.5 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC4.09 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Bma - Boynton Beach5.09 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC5.18 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC5.32 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878