Hanover Hill Health Care Center is a large nursing home in Manchester, New Hampshire. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hanover Hill Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Manchester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few facilities fared as well in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. We were not able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 94.72295 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hanover Hill Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our more positive grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care scores are vital for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last category we assessed is nursing. We gave this facility a solid score in that category, with a grade of C. Although this isn't as strong as many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a terrible score. There are a number of subcategories included in this grade. Many of the subcategories are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hanover Hill Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 9.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 4.87% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 20.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 13.66% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 96.86% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 21.79% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 19.35% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 19.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 8.4% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hanover Hill Health Care Center, 68.31% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Manchester, NH
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester, New Hampshire has 4 other nursing homes
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.96 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 15.21 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.91 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Davita Manchester Dialysis1.13 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Manchester Kidney Center1.84 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Bedford Dialysis Davita4.24 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis7.45 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry7.45 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.14.92 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center14.98 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)15.99 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996