Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Miami, Florida which has a total of 1,723,766 people. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. Miami offers many nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to visit too many others. This one is a first-rate option. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
16100 Nw 2nd Avenue,
Miami FL 33169
91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was short-term care. This facility was awarded an above average short-term care grade, with a B+ in this area. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The next category we assessed is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a favorable nursing grade this year, with a grade of B-. While this was not as good as a few of its other scores, this is still an acceptable rating in this category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 5.97 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Greater Miami Dialysis0.9 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Physicians North Beach1.1 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center Inc1.34 miles away100 Nw 170th St Ste 106 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 650-8822
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center West LLC1.34 miles away900 Park Centre Blvd #400-C Miami Florida 33169Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 625-7125
- Golden Glades Dialysis1.47 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328
- Venture Dialysis Center2.34 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Miami North Dialysis2.58 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC2.66 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805