Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Miami, Florida which has a total of 1,723,766 people. Featuring an overall score of A, this facility is one of the highest graded nursing homes in Miami, which features some very solid facilities. Miami features many other nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to visit too many others. This one is a high quality option. This nursing home also received consistently good scores in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for inspections. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. It does not appear that we have deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this facility also was given a strong short-term care grade, with a score of A. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is considered to be a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Few nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we graded is nursing, in which this facility was given a grade of B. Although this turned out to be its poorest category rating, this is nevertheless an above average grade. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 5.97 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Greater Miami Dialysis0.9 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Physicians North Beach1.1 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center Inc1.34 miles away100 Nw 170th St Ste 106 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 650-8822
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center West LLC1.34 miles away900 Park Centre Blvd #400-C Miami Florida 33169Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 625-7125
- Golden Glades Dialysis1.47 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328
- Venture Dialysis Center2.34 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Miami North Dialysis2.58 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC2.66 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805