Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Miami, Florida which has a total of 1,723,766 people. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. Miami offers many nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to visit too many others. This one is a first-rate option. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. In forming our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a superb rating. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last area we analyzed is this nursing home's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- in nursing. Our nursing rating is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hampton Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 5.97 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Greater Miami Dialysis0.9 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Physicians North Beach1.1 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center Inc1.34 miles away100 Nw 170th St Ste 106 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 650-8822
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center West LLC1.34 miles away900 Park Centre Blvd #400-C Miami Florida 33169Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 625-7125
- Golden Glades Dialysis1.47 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328
- Venture Dialysis Center2.34 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Miami North Dialysis2.58 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC2.66 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805