With an address in Lake Worth, Florida, Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach is one of four nursing homes in the city. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. It was given one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. Remarkably, this grade is better than the city grade of A- in Lake Worth, which is one of the higher rated cities in Florida. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lake Worth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. Inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this nursing home received a very favorable grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. In calculating these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 6.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 8.44% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 28.4% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 95.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 19.67% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 10.92% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 10.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 13.05% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 66.16% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 12.47 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Fmc - Atlantis1.58 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC2.32 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach2.94 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis3.1 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach3.23 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Bma - Boynton Beach4.08 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Greenacres Dialysis Center4.62 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream4.8 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025