With an address in Lake Worth, Florida, Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach is one of nine nursing homes in the city. With an overall grade of A-, this facility is ranked among the better nursing homes we looked at. This grade is better than the city grade of B+ in Lake Worth, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received impressive ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, this proved to be its best category. In this category, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility was awarded a first-rate score of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our inspection scores are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.5265 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hamlin Place of Boynton Beach, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 8 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 12.47 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Fmc - Atlantis1.58 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC2.32 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach2.94 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis3.1 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach3.23 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Bma - Boynton Beach4.08 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Greenacres Dialysis Center4.62 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream4.8 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025