Hamilton Manor Nursing Home is in the large metropolitan area of Rochester, New York which has a population of 478,127 people. This nursing home is a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. The facilities in Rochester received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this place's report card is its stellar inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hamilton Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rochester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of A+. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a positive grade in our long-term care category. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in that category. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 83.962265 percent of its residents. This is slightly less than we expected but still a decent figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hamilton Manor Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The final category we graded is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is a very poor grade. This is clearly a major concern. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hamilton Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 12.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 6.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 5.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 20.39% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 10% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 1.02% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 90.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 12.24% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 23.63% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 23.63% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hamilton Manor Nursing Home, 73.01% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Rochester, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Rochester, New York has 8 other nursing homes
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - Park Ridge Campus1.73 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (585) 723-7760
- Fms - Greece Dialysis Center1.87 miles away1570 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 225-1422
- Rochester General Hospital Dialysis Center4.58 miles away370 Ridge Road East Ste. 10 Rochester New York 14621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (585) 922-0300
- Unity Hospital Dialysis at Spencerport5.24 miles away4 Land-Re Way Suite 300 Spencerport New York 14559CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 368-6610
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.5.38 miles away999 E. Ridge Road Suite 11 Rochester New York 14621Dialysis Stations: 25 (585) 266-7348
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - St. Mary's5.52 miles away89 Genesee Street St. Mary's Campus Dialysis Rochester New York 14611Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 368-3934
- University of Rochester7.4 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Dialysis Stations: 2 (585) 275-2829
- Fms-Monroe Community Dialysis8.14 miles away435 East Henrietta Road Hope Bldg Rochester New York 14620Dialysis Stations: 16 (585) 292-0076