Hallmark Manor is a nursing home in Federal Way, Washington. The city has a population of 91,661 people. Our scoring system was not very kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Keep in mind that Federal Way received a city grade of C, so should consider some other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home very poorly overall, it earned a quality score in nursing. We awarded it a B in this area. When determining our nursing grades, we assess both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we gave this facility a C for our short-term care score, which is not a bad grade. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more meaningful for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Hallmark Manor?
This place received a lowly F for its inspection rating. For nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by the government inspectors had the potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 6 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in this category. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.98271 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable total. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hallmark Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hallmark Manor, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hallmark Manor, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hallmark Manor, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have had urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hallmark Manor, 13.68% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hallmark Manor, 93.98% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hallmark Manor, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hallmark Manor, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Hallmark Manor, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hallmark Manor, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hallmark Manor, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hallmark Manor, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Federal Way, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Federal Way, Washington has 3 other nursing homes
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.5 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus1.03 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center1.75 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center2.36 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Total Renal Care, Inc3.26 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center3.96 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center4.66 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center6.03 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.7.02 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Dialysis Stations: 20 (253) 627-1995