Hallmark Manor is a nursing home in Federal Way, Washington. The city has a population of 91,661 people. Our scoring system was not very kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. This facility is about as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Federal Way senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we gave this nursing home a terrible overall grade, we gave it a grade of C for our short-term care rating. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this nursing home a C for its long-term care grade, which isn't too bad of a score. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 99.090904 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hallmark Manor?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. We looked at the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In the final category of inspections, this nursing home had an abysmal showing. Sadly, it received an F in our inspection category. This is our most heavily weighted category in our grading system. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We recommend you pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had the potential to pose actual harm to patients. Finally, we also want to point out that this place received significant government fines recently exceeding $50,000. This often suggests that government inspectors became fed up after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hallmark Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hallmark Manor, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hallmark Manor, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents that sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hallmark Manor, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hallmark Manor, 13.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hallmark Manor, 92.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hallmark Manor, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hallmark Manor, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hallmark Manor, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hallmark Manor, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hallmark Manor, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.5 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus1.03 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center1.75 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center2.36 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Total Renal Care, Inc3.26 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center3.96 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center4.66 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center6.03 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.7.02 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Dialysis Stations: 20 (253) 627-1995