Hallmark Manor is a nursing home in Federal Way, Washington. The city has a population of 91,661 people. With an overall score of D, this is a lower end facility. While this score isn't too far off the city grade in Federal Way which is a C, you still should be able to find a better option. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its relatively favorable short-term care rating. We gave it a B in this area, which was much better than its overall score. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. There are many criteria within this category. Many of the criteria are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Hallmark Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's third highest score was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared relatively poorly. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.22485 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Turning our last category of inspections, this nursing home received a grade that's as bad as it gets. For nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility had a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines recently exceeding $50,000. This typically indicates that inspectors grew tired after multiple years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hallmark Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hallmark Manor, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hallmark Manor, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hallmark Manor, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hallmark Manor, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hallmark Manor, 13.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hallmark Manor, 93.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hallmark Manor, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hallmark Manor, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hallmark Manor, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hallmark Manor, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hallmark Manor, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Federal Way, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Federal Way, Washington has 3 other nursing homes
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.5 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus1.03 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center1.75 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center2.36 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Total Renal Care, Inc3.26 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center3.96 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center4.66 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center6.03 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.7.02 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Dialysis Stations: 20 (253) 627-1995