Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf is a small hospital-based nursing home located in La Mesa, California. This nursing home proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is the top score we offer. We couldn't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are impeccable. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on La Mesa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in La Mesa, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in La Mesa, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in La Mesa, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this area. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received dominant marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our best scores in that area with a score of A+. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. The nursing grade weighs numerous subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this facility received a strong long-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this area, giving this facility straight A's. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to track down information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grossmont Hospital D/P Snf, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.51 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center0.79 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon2.83 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Davita-College Dialysis3.15 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College3.31 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Fmc-Balboa East County4.52 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego4.99 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise6.52 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872
- Davita-San Diego East6.59 miles away292 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100 San Diego California 92114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (619) 262-7225