Grosse Pointe Manor is a nursing home located in Niles, Illinois, a city with a population of 29,931 people. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Niles. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Grosse Pointe Manor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6601 West Touhy Avenue,
Niles IL 60714
71.01% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall grade was terrible, it fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this facility a C for its long-term care grade, which isn't a bad grade. In computing our long-term care scores, we analyze the personal care received by a nursing home's residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.82353 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosse Pointe Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our short-term care rating. This is not a very good score. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its weak grade in this category, we were not shocked to find that this facility offers significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
The last area we rated is nursing. We gave it an F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. There are quite a few factors within this category. Many of these factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosse Pointe Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 30.45% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.27 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.6 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.64 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.35 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.69 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge3.94 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.91 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center5.17 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047