Grosse Pointe Manor is a nursing home located in Niles, Illinois, a city with a population of 29,931 people. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Niles. Finally, there was an ownership change at this facility in the last year. Ideally, their performance will improve under new ownership.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grosse Pointe Manor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Grosse Pointe Manor has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Niles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to learn that this nursing home received a solid long-term care grade this year. We awarded it a C in that area. Our long-term care grade assesses a nursing home's personal care instead of the skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 83.97213 percent of its patients. This is many points lower than average. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosse Pointe Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this facility earned a solid short-term care grade in our assessment. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. Short-term care ratings are important for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
The last area we analyzed is nursing, which is a weak spot for this nursing home. We awarded this nursing home a D in nursing. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosse Pointe Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 4.05% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 0.38% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents that experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 19.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 7.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 93.87% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 87.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 5.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 21.88% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 21.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 20.87% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 4 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.27 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.6 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.64 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.35 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.69 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge3.94 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.91 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center5.17 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047