Grosse Pointe Manor is a nursing home located in Niles, Illinois, a city with a population of 29,931 people. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Niles. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Grosse Pointe Manor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall grade was terrible, it fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this facility a C for its long-term care grade, which isn't a bad grade. In computing our long-term care scores, we analyze the personal care received by a nursing home's residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.2126 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosse Pointe Manor?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This statistic is far below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a very poor score in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is definitely a major concern. In calculating these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. As you might expect, we found that this facility provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosse Pointe Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents that experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 29.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosse Pointe Manor, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.27 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.6 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.64 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.35 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.69 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge3.94 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.91 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center5.17 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047