Gretna Care Center is a small nursing home located in Gretna, Nebraska. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. You could definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gretna Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Gretna senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave it an A. Inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a grade of B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable scores. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gretna Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area ended up being its long-term care score, where it received a C. In forming these long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 93.10345 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility's worst area was nursing, which is the final area we scored. For this area, we gave this facility a D. There are a host of criteria within this category. Many of these data points are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This place provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gretna Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gretna Care Center, 6.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gretna Care Center, 4.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gretna Care Center, 3.53% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 19.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 20.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gretna Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gretna Care Center, 92.75% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gretna Care Center, 15.57% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gretna Care Center, 16.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Gretna Care Center, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gretna Care Center, 16.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gretna Care Center, 10.43 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gretna Care Center, 76.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 13.86 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis8.49 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West9.91 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis11.33 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis12.66 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha13.12 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Dci - Spring Street13.55 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center13.8 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc14.23 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560