Gretna Care Center is a small nursing home located in Gretna, Nebraska. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable marks in most areas. You could definitely do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this place didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Gretna Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent inspection reports. We gave it an A+ for this area, which is one of our best scores. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care score. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.85058 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Gretna Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we gave this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The next category we scored was nursing. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. Our nursing grade analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gretna Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gretna Care Center, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gretna Care Center, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gretna Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents who had urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 18.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 19.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gretna Care Center, 4.27% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gretna Care Center, 93.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gretna Care Center, 15.08% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gretna Care Center, 21.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Gretna Care Center, 1.25 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gretna Care Center, 21.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gretna Care Center, 8.88 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gretna Care Center, 77.94% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 13.86 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis8.49 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West9.91 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis11.33 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis12.66 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha13.12 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Dci - Spring Street13.55 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center13.8 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc14.23 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560