Gretna Care Center is a small nursing home located in Gretna, Nebraska. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires solid marks in most areas. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. Fortunately, this place didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Gretna Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Nebraska Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a dominant long-term care score. In fact, long-term care is its second most favorable category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A-. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.49123 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Gretna Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was given an above average short-term care score, with a B+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The next area we rated was nursing. This nursing home received a very good nursing rating this year, with a grade of B-. Although this wasn't as good as several of its other category grades, this is nevertheless a respectable rating for this area. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are with residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gretna Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gretna Care Center, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gretna Care Center, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gretna Care Center, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gretna Care Center, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gretna Care Center, 4.32% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gretna Care Center, 93.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gretna Care Center, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gretna Care Center, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Gretna Care Center, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gretna Care Center, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gretna Care Center, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gretna Care Center, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 13.86 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis8.49 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West9.91 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis11.33 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis12.66 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha13.12 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Dci - Spring Street13.55 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center13.8 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc14.23 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560