Gregory Ridge Health Care Center is an average-sized facility in Kansas City, Missouri. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. We ranked this as one of the ten worst rated nursing homes in Kansas City. In a city with countless other facilities, you ought to be able to find a better option. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Gregory Ridge Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7001 Cleveland Avenue,
Kansas City MO 64132
96.89% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Gregory Ridge Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility had 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most respectable category is long-term care, but it still earned a grade of just D in that category. This turns out to be a relatively poor score. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.19451 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Gregory Ridge Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another issue is the F this nursing home was given in the category of short-term care. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With its poor grade in this area, we were not shocked to find this place offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
The next area we assessed is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gregory Ridge Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gregory Ridge Health Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 6.07 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center1.02 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist2.05 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway2.05 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Swope Dialysis2.44 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis3.12 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Davita - Westport Renal Center4.63 miles away3947 Broadway Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 531-1181
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood4.78 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown5.24 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080