Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Wakefield, Massachusetts, which has a total of 24,733 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. This facility was also given strong scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
90 Greenwood Street,
Wakefield MA 01880
81.66% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this facility also earned an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. Contributing to its elite resume, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in the category. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this facility was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home topped off a first-rate report card. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Fmc Services of Stoneham2.34 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)2.85 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.23 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.47 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)5.42 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Dci Ball Square5.78 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis6.59 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Peabody Dialysis Center6.84 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663