Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Wakefield, Massachusetts, which has a total of 24,733 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Massachusetts. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wakefield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Wakefield, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, we gave it a of A- for the category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. This wrapped up an elite report card. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.37% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.93% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.96% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.33% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.33% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Fmc Services of Stoneham2.34 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)2.85 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.23 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.47 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)5.42 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Dci Ball Square5.78 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis6.59 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Peabody Dialysis Center6.84 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663