Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is the only facility we identified in Greenville, Rhode Island. This nursing home proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greenville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A-. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded it a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its next highest category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area, which is an acceptable grade. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 82.86604 percent of its residents, which is somewhat concerning. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Unfortunately, this facility did not receive a favorable inspection grade. We gave it a just D in this category. Inspection scores relate to a nursing home's government inspections. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed 3 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received large government fines of over $100,000. This usually indicates that a facility's bad performance has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 93.99% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.33 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.21 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Dialysis Center of Johnston5.16 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Davita North Providence Renal Center6.43 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island6.58 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Nna of Providence8.67 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.31 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna - Pawtucket9.91 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket10.56 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket11.07 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995