Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is one of just two available nursing homes located in Greenville, Rhode Island. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our analysis, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest grades. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also was awarded a superb short-term care grade. We awarded them a dominant strong of A- in this area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our stronger grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.72937 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we looked at was nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of B. This nursing home didn't end up having any real weaknesses. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.96% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.59% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.21 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Dialysis Center of Johnston5.16 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Davita North Providence Renal Center6.43 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island6.58 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Nna of Providence8.67 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.31 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna - Pawtucket9.91 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket10.56 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket11.07 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995