Located in Geneva, Illinois, Greenfields of Geneva is one of just two available facilities in the area. Sporting an overall score of A-, this is clearly an impressive nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place is really as good as it gets. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Greenfields of Geneva
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care score. This is simply as dominant as it gets in this area. Our short-term care scores are likely most critical for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 8.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfields of Geneva?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was nursing, proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. This really is one of the couple of dings of a quality profile. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the amount of services offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative data points. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 97 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfields of Geneva Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfields of Geneva, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfields of Geneva, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfields of Geneva, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfields of Geneva, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfields of Geneva, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfields of Geneva, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfields of Geneva, 87.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfields of Geneva, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfields of Geneva, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenfields of Geneva, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfields of Geneva, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfields of Geneva, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfields of Geneva, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 12.77 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC0.51 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - West Batavia1.56 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center6.81 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center6.85 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Dupage West7.09 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fkc - East Aurora7.89 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fkc - Elgin8.03 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd10.99 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300