Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is located in Akron, Ohio. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a total of 272,134 people. Sporting an overall score of B+, this is a strong nursing home. Indeed, we thought highly enough of this facility to rate it ahead of most of the nursing homes in Akron. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. We gave it a grade of A for this category, which is one of our best scores. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor dings are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A- for our short-term care score. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is more often than not a fair measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. In calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade of B-. This is this facility's worst area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 69.14893 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 90.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Akron, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Akron, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.45 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.87 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Fmc - Akron Canton Kidney Center1.77 miles away1565 Corporate Woods Pkwy Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 896-6311
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC2.06 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis3.5 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis5.35 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Davita - Summit Renal Care5.74 miles away73 Massillon Road Akron Ohio 44312Dialysis Stations: 15 (330) 733-1861
- Davita Akron Renal Center6.81 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 375-6848
- Childrens Hospital Medical Ctr - Akron6.89 miles awayOne Perkins Square - Dialysis Akron Ohio 44308Dialysis Stations: 4 (330) 543-8773
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC6.91 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540