Complete Care Green Knoll is in Bridgewater, New Jersey, a city with 37,972 people. This proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Complete Care Green Knoll
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection grade. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care Green Knoll?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of B-. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's amount of nursing care. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 96.42857 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a D. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care Green Knoll Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 5.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 91.97% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care Green Knoll, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Bridgewater, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bridgewater, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.49 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 17.46 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville4.03 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr5.64 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis7.4 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway9.81 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Fmc So Plainfield10.46 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis11.05 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Dci Somerset11.53 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center11.55 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030