Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit is located in Towson, Maryland, a city with a population of 42,331 people. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. In addition, this facility is also located in a hospital, which can often mean the facility offers a wider array of medical services. Headlining this facility's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
6701 North Charles Street,
Towson MD 21204
58.88% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Radiation Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Towson, Maryland Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Towson, Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit?
We awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A for inspections. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having all of the information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to fully evaluate the place in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. In this area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This actually was this facility's weakest category. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit, 9.63 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit, 73.32% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Towson, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Towson, Maryland has 4 other nursing homes
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 6.81 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Fresenius Medical Care Towson1.28 miles away7801 York Road, Ste. 150 Towson Maryland 21204Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 321-0853
- Davita Dulaney Towson Dialysis Center1.48 miles away113 West Road Towson Maryland 21204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (410) 825-3690
- Davita - Falls Road1.8 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center2.4 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311
- Northwest Dialysis Center2.69 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Davita Loch Raven Dialysis2.85 miles away5315 York Rd Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 323-8790
- Fmc - Greater Baltimore2.87 miles away1104 Walters Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 532-0389
- Fmc - Cross Keys3.08 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568