Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit is located in Towson, Maryland. Sporting an overall score of A, this is without a doubt a phenomenal facility. In addition, this facility is based in a hospital, which often means the facility offers a wider array of medical services. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
6701 North Charles Street,
Towson MD 21204
66.29% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This score is often a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. This place is the gold standard in terms of skilled nursing staffing. It provided roughly 1.5 times as many physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. This is what we like to find when grading a nursing home in this category. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Maryland in this area with 78.1 percent of its patients returning home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home boasts a really impressive 7.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day, of which a significant portion was provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing high levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any facility in the nation when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We look at these areas as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this facility an A. Our inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Without having all of the deficiency related data for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to fully evaluate the place in terms of this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. This nursing home was given a better than average long-term care rating this year, with a B-. While this wasn't quite as dominant as some of its other scores, this is still an acceptable grade for this category. Long-term care scores are based in part on a facility's volume of care. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sub Acute Unit, 73.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Towson, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Towson, Maryland has 7 other nursing homes
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 6.81 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Fresenius Medical Care Towson1.28 miles away7801 York Road, Ste. 150 Towson Maryland 21204Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 321-0853
- Davita Dulaney Towson Dialysis Center1.48 miles away113 West Road Towson Maryland 21204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (410) 825-3690
- Davita - Falls Road1.8 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center2.4 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311
- Northwest Dialysis Center2.69 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Davita Loch Raven Dialysis2.85 miles away5315 York Rd Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 323-8790
- Fmc - Greater Baltimore2.87 miles away1104 Walters Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 532-0389
- Fmc - Cross Keys3.08 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568