With an address in Grand Terrace, California, Grand Terrace Care Center is the lone nursing home located in the city. This nursing home is a relatively poor facility. A grade of this caliber indicates we found some red flags. At the end of the day, we'd be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Grand Terrace Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B+ in nursing. Nursing grades are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. With our short-term care category, we try to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand Terrace Care Center?
This nursing home earned mediocre inspections in recent years. We awarded them a C in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This means that this facility avoided the more significant classes of deficiencies. Finally, they also received 2 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is certainly not a great sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, we awarded this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This is the facility's weakest category rating. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand Terrace Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grand Terrace Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Fmc-Loma Linda2.62 miles away269 E. Caroline Street, Suite A San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 514-1008
- Loma Linda University Children's Hospital Pediatric Chronic Dialysis2.97 miles awayChildrens Hospital 11234 Anderson St., Rm. 4219 Loma Linda California 92354Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 558-8218
- Loma Linda University Kidney Center3.12 miles away11375 Anderson Street Loma Linda California 92354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (909) 558-4225
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis3.14 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC3.26 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center3.44 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Fmc-San Bernardino3.52 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508
- Davita-Citrus Valley Dialysis3.67 miles away894 Hardt Street San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 388-6608