Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Sacramento, California, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. We gave this nursing home a very respectable overall grade of B+. After sizing up the other alternatives in Sacramento, this appears to be a slightly higher quality option than the majority of them. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled in our short-term care category, where it earned an A. Few facilities fared better in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a B. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility received a C. Although this turned out to be its lowest category score, this is still not a major area of concern. With our long-term care category, we assess the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, along with a series of quality measures. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 3.12 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University Dialysis Center2.59 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center3.41 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.77 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Alhambra Dialysis Center4.49 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic4.65 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic4.76 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Broadway Dialysis4.86 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento5.22 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800