Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Sacramento, California, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. We awarded this nursing home an above average overall grade of B. Indeed, it is ranked among the top ten facilities in the city. Even in a city offering 22 other nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a sound selection. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Building on its impressive profile, this nursing home also excelled in nursing. We gave it an B for that category. Our nursing score is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it excelled in the area of inspections, with a B in that category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. This facility was awarded a B- for the area. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gramercy Court Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 3.12 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University Dialysis Center2.59 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center3.41 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.77 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Alhambra Dialysis Center4.49 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic4.65 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic4.76 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Broadway Dialysis4.86 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento5.22 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800