Gracy Woods Ii Living Center is an average-sized government-owned facility located in Austin, Texas. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Austin. You can certainly do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility an impressive grade in long-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this category, which happens to be one of our better grades. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.00662 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracy Woods Ii Living Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. The nursing grade assesses a handful of subcategories, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. We gave this nursing home a D in the area of short-term care, rendering this its worst area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 6.81 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Nna - North0.72 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin1 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Dialysis Metric1.83 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Madison Dialysis, LLC2.81 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc4.23 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis4.24 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.63 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas6.61 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213