Gracy Woods Ii Living Center is an average-sized government-owned facility located in Austin, Texas. We awarded this facility a very respectable overall rating of B. In addition, this facility proved to be a bit better than most of the nursing homes in Austin. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Austin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a strong facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In this category, we awarded this facility an A. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of B+. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracy Woods Ii Living Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area turned out to be short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Moving on to our fourth area, this facility was given a C for nursing, which is generally an acceptable rating. Our nursing rating weighs a handful of factors, but the main consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Lastly, while this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 2.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 3.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that experienced falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 9.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 25.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 22.08% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 9.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 6.6% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 6.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 14.37% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 43.89% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 6.81 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Nna - North0.72 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin1 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Dialysis Metric1.83 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Madison Dialysis, LLC2.81 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc4.23 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis4.24 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.63 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas6.61 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213