Gracy Woods Ii Living Center is an average-sized government-owned facility located in Austin, Texas. We gave this facility an above average overall rating of B. As a matter of fact, it proved to be ranked among the ten highest rated nursing homes in the city. You could certainly do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
12042 Bittern Hollow,
Austin TX 78758
97.7% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a score of B+. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.337746 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracy Woods Ii Living Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In our short-term care category, we seek to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. It does not look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracy Woods Ii Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gracy Woods Ii Living Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 6.81 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Nna - North0.72 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin1 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Dialysis Metric1.83 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Madison Dialysis, LLC2.81 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc4.23 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis4.24 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.63 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas6.61 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213