Grace Living Center-Wildewood is located in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a total of 640,470 people. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Oklahoma City. Based on our assessment, this place should be a solid choice for most people. The best part of this place's profile is its stellar inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Wildewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an B. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Wildewood?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive grade in short-term care. This nursing home received a grade of B in this area, which turns out to be one of our more favorable scores. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more critical for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of D in the area of long-term care, making this the nursing home's weakest area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Wildewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 4.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City1.68 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis3.3 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis4.03 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma4.06 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis5.15 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City5.22 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita - Midwest City5.84 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park6.78 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891