Grace Living Center-Wildewood is located in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a total of 640,470 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Oklahoma City, which is a B-. As far as we can see, this place would be a good fit for quite a few people. This place didn't meet our expectations in all of our categories, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Grace Living Center-Wildewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that category, with an A-. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
The second highest category we gave this nursing home in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility vaccinated 99.63768 percent of its residents, which is an above average statistic. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Wildewood?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing score. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. In determining these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Given its abysmal rating in this category, we weren't surprised to learn this place offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Wildewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Wildewood, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City1.68 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis3.3 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis4.03 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma4.06 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis5.15 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City5.22 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita - Midwest City5.84 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park6.78 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891