Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman is a senior living facility in Norman, Oklahoma, a city with a population of 113,857 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This is better than most of the nursing homes in Norman. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
201 48th Avenue Southwest,
Norman OK 73072
63.52% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a B- in this category. Our long-term care scores are based in part on a facility's amount of care. This includes a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home received a C for nursing, which is generally an acceptable score. Our nursing score consists of several components, however, the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 3.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Norman, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Norman, Oklahoma has 3 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away2220 Iowa Street Chickasha Oklahoma 73018Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 224-2300
- Norman RegionalAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away901 N Porter Norman Oklahoma 73070Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 307-1050
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Purcell Municipal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away1500 North Green Avenue Purcell Oklahoma 73080Government - Local(405) 527-6524
- Davita - Norman3.72 miles away1818 W Lindsey Bldg B ste104 Norman Oklahoma 73069Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 360-9815
- Davita - Sooner Dialysis4.28 miles away1561 N Porter Ave Norman Oklahoma 73071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 329-3830
- Davita - Moore Dialysis7.99 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore8.85 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv10.41 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Cleveland Pd11.6 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Oklahoma City South13.05 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr13.44 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570