Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman is a senior living facility in Norman, Oklahoma, a city with a population of 113,857 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This is better than most of the nursing homes in Norman. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation To have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final category we graded is nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in that category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing rating includes many data points, but the primary one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 3.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 92.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Norman, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Norman, Oklahoma has 3 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away2220 Iowa Street Chickasha Oklahoma 73018Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 224-2300
- Norman RegionalAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away901 N Porter Norman Oklahoma 73070Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 307-1050
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Purcell Municipal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away1500 North Green Avenue Purcell Oklahoma 73080Government - Local(405) 527-6524
- Davita - Norman3.72 miles away1818 W Lindsey Bldg B ste104 Norman Oklahoma 73069Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 360-9815
- Davita - Sooner Dialysis4.28 miles away1561 N Porter Ave Norman Oklahoma 73071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 329-3830
- Davita - Moore Dialysis7.99 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore8.85 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv10.41 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Cleveland Pd11.6 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Oklahoma City South13.05 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr13.44 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570