Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman is a senior living facility in Norman, Oklahoma, a city with a population of 113,857 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Norman. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Norman senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an A. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this nursing home was awarded strong short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. This proved to be the facility's second best grade. In forming these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman?
Long-term Care Quality
The third highest area we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In computing these long-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's personal care services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we looked at is nursing. We gave it a grade of C in that area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 4.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 92.54% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Skilled Nursing & Therapy Norman, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away2220 Iowa Street Chickasha Oklahoma 73018Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 224-2300
- Norman RegionalAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away901 N Porter Norman Oklahoma 73070Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 307-1050
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Purcell Municipal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away1500 North Green Avenue Purcell Oklahoma 73080Government - Local(405) 527-6524
- Davita - Norman3.72 miles away1818 W Lindsey Bldg B ste104 Norman Oklahoma 73069Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 360-9815
- Davita - Sooner Dialysis4.28 miles away1561 N Porter Ave Norman Oklahoma 73071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 329-3830
- Davita - Moore Dialysis7.99 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore8.85 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv10.41 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Cleveland Pd11.6 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Oklahoma City South13.05 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr13.44 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570