Good Samaritan Society--White Acres is a nursing home located in El Paso, Texas which has a population of 746,640 people. We awarded this facility a quality overall rating of B. Indeed, it is the fourth best facility in El Paso according to our rankings. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a good fit for quite a few people. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Good Samaritan Society--White Acres
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7304 Good Samaritan Ct,
El Paso TX 79912
85.45% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this nursing home especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Not many nursing homes fared better in this category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received a high-end short-term care score. We awarded them a dominant grade of A in this category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society--White Acres?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing rating features a variety of subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. Sadly, this score pulled down the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society--White Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 8.91 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 9.02 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Upper Valley Dialysis0.64 miles away7933 N Mesa Suite H El Paso Texas 79932CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (915) 832-0555
- Fkc - El Paso West2.78 miles away1430 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912Dialysis Stations: 13 (915) 584-5400
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis3.51 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007
- Mission Hills Dialysis3.53 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Davita Canutillo Dialysis5.14 miles away7251 S Desert Blvd Canutillo Texas 79835Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 877-4900
- El Paso Health, LLC5.92 miles away2400 N Oregon St Ste C El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 533-8575
- Central City Dialysis6.33 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview6.34 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411