Good Samaritan Society--White Acres is a nursing home located in El Paso, Texas which has a population of 746,640 people. We awarded this facility a quality overall rating of B. Indeed, it is the third best facility in El Paso according to our rankings. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a good fit for quite a few people. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Good Samaritan Society--White Acres
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially want to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society--White Acres?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility received a C for long-term care, which is generally an acceptable rating. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society--White Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 4.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society--White Acres, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 8.91 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 9.02 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Upper Valley Dialysis0.64 miles away7933 N Mesa Suite H El Paso Texas 79932CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (915) 832-0555
- Fkc - El Paso West2.78 miles away1430 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912Dialysis Stations: 13 (915) 584-5400
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis3.51 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007
- Mission Hills Dialysis3.53 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Davita Canutillo Dialysis5.14 miles away7251 S Desert Blvd Canutillo Texas 79835Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 877-4900
- El Paso Health, LLC5.92 miles away2400 N Oregon St Ste C El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 533-8575
- Central City Dialysis6.33 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview6.34 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411