Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We awarded this nursing home a decent overall rating of B-. Although this is not an elite grade, it still turned out to be a better choice than the average nursing home in Albuquerque. You can definitely do worse than this facility. We were also pleased to discover that this place was consistent in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Albuquerque senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
The second highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best area ended up being its long-term care score, where it was given a B-. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 91.30435 percent of its residents, which is a few points below what we anticipated. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this nursing home received a grade of B- in short-term care, which is a decent rating. Our short-term care grade is generally used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 2.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 1.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 15.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 12.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 3.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 93.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 15.55% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 14.96% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 14.96 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 16.43 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 66.9% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 6 other nursing homes
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.14 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque East (Dci)1.06 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis1.9 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)1.97 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)2.49 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC2.77 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- New Mexico Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)3.35 miles away1600 Randolph Se Ste 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 244-3633
- Sandia Peak Dialysis3.52 miles away10410 Copper Pointe Way Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87123Dialysis Stations: 12 (505) 299-0657
- Albuquerque Kidney Center (Fmc)3.53 miles away11296 Lomas Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87112CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 298-5557