Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol is in the large metropolitan area of Albuquerque, New Mexico. We awarded this nursing home a quality overall score of B. In fact, we ranked it as the fifth best nursing home in Albuquerque. Even in a city featuring 18 other nursing homes, this facility should be a quality option. This nursing home was also given strong ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home earned even higher marks in nursing. We gave it one of our best scores in that category with an A-. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home an B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility received an impressive short-term care grade, with a grade of B in this area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in this area, with a B. This nursing home turned out to be relatively strong in each category we looked at. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.453606 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 8.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 1.47% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 3.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 88.36% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 16.72% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 18.98% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 18.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 15.18 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Manzano Del Sol, 65.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 17 other nursing homes
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.14 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque East (Dci)1.06 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis1.9 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)1.97 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)2.49 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC2.77 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- New Mexico Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)3.35 miles away1600 Randolph Se Ste 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 244-3633
- Sandia Peak Dialysis3.52 miles away10410 Copper Pointe Way Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87123Dialysis Stations: 12 (505) 299-0657
- Albuquerque Kidney Center (Fmc)3.53 miles away11296 Lomas Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87112CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 298-5557