Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center is an average-sized facility in Stockton, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of A-, which is world class rating. In fact, this is one of the five highest graded nursing homes in Stockton. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. We also gave this nursing home impressive scores in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Stockton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility excelled in nursing. We awarded it a grade of A- for that area. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of components, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A- in that category. In forming these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center?
Moving on to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of A- for that category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our higher scores in that area, with a B. Even though this was not as favorable as many of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless a positive grade. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Rehab and Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 0.87 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.87 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park0.97 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Rai North California0.98 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Port City Dialysis Center2.45 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- Stockton Kidney Clinic2.61 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton2.68 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Rai West March2.82 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center3.28 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- San Joaquin General Hospital6.06 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085